Welcome.
To almost the end of the world. This is a random collection of my thoughts in this most peculiar of ages.
"Last orders, please. Everyone out!"
At this time, we have no vaccine or cure for Convid-19.
Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jonathan Fisher author. Google me, I am quite famous in my home town, the town called Halloween, Lisburn, Northern Ireland, in the United Kingdom. I am also a science fiction writer. Gee, can't you tell?
And I just happen to be in one of the governments' categories that advises us to self-isolate, I am a wheelchair user with a brain injury caused by an undiagnosed Addisonian Crisis. Gulp.
Who would have thought in the second decade of the 21st century that unseen invisible invader would maraud its the way towards crippling an entire culture and civilization?
Covid-19, Coronavirus is a threat to humanity. The PM was right to say that we are at war.
I believe that this is the time to Unite the Kingdom's and the rest of the world to fight this most insidious of foes, I pray for all the souls that have perished and for all the medical staff who will be on the front line, they are extremely brave. We must win this war.
Here in this Towne, it has become zombie central, no more than usual.
This happened yesterday.
I was genuinely frightened about the pandemic. It is human instinct to be cautious, and apprehensive, my lizard brain began to overwhelm me. I use mindfulness techniques to calm me down. The first thing was the bank. There were black and red stripes like some sort of arctururian mega wasp had laid her vile egg's right across the floor of the bank in equidistant fashion. My brain reasoned that this was to keep people distance from one another. Social distancing. My mind reeled, and I screamed inwardly, "get out! Do your business and get the hell out!"
A few deep breaths and I made my way up the Rowan centre. I had an appointment with my new physiotherapist, Christine. I was unprepared for what I saw. There were red danger signs everywhere, some stating that "staff only beyond this point." The once homely centre was now a forbidden zone for me.
Thankfully I was allowed in for my treatment, Christine and Tom got me up in the standing frame for an hour. And then the announcement. Jacqueline came to inform us that the centre, my home from home for most of my adult life was to close its doors until further notice.
I have faith that we will beat this scourge. But we must as species Unite.
Comments
Post a Comment